[Vm-dev] Issues with the clock on V3

Laura Perez Cerrato lauraperezcerrato at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 19:23:25 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Lately, while working on the VM, I noticed that a few primitives related
with the clock on V3 were returning incorrect values. Cloning the
repository and building a Squeak Cog V3 VM produces a VM in which
DateAndTime class>>#now answers a value closer than a day to the epoch in
both Squeak 4.5 and the lastest version of Cuis. In the lastest version of
Cuis, Time class>>#primLocalMicrosecondClock, Time
class>>#primLocalSecondClock and Time class>>#primHighResClock return odd
values. This problem is seen exclusively on V3 VMs as far as I can tell,
independently of the interpreter.

I wasn't capable of pinning down the reason for this strange behaviour. If
anyone could give me a hand with that, I'd appreaciate it.

Cheers!

-Laura Perez Cerrato