[Vm-dev] instructions for building on Windows

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:51:10 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,
pkgconfig is built by mvm script among the 3rd party dependencies (it's the
1st one).
- though I'm not sure it's necessary now that we use cygwin, it was
necessary on mingw minimalism oblige -

-- CC=i686-w64-mingw32-gcc option is not needed because it is already part
of ../common/Make* rules

Appveyor builds are green... But note that appveyor builds are statefull
(they have a cache and not entirely built from scratch!), so a regression
might get unnoticed. See those lines in
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/.appveyor.yml

cache:
- .thirdparty-cache

Do you try building from a cygwin32 or cygwin64?

I'm trying now in a win7 VM (that should not make too much a difference
from cygwin POV)...
But it will take hours to complete from scratch (justifying the cache)...