[Vm-dev] CameraPlugin segmentation fault on 64-bit Linux

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Sat Apr 29 16:08:23 UTC 2017

Hi Dave,

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 9:58 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> I don't think that the camera plugin was ever made 64-bit clean. A bug report
> is at http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7816
>
> This would be a good project for an interested volunteer :-)

I'm an interested volunteer, knowledgeable of 32 vs 64 bit challenges
but with no squeak-vm experience. Can you briefly provide some
direction of where to start here?

Are there any other plugins that have previously been made 64-bit
clean? (Maybe there is a similar example in svn history and I can find
some direction from that.)

Thanks
Daniel