[Vm-dev] VM building on Pi, OpenGL libraries and other fun things

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Aug 8 20:26:04 UTC 2017

> On 08-08-2017, at 6:50 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 09:50:14PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>>
>> Question for other linux users - do you have a libGL.so file? Did you have to install mesa-common-dev? Can you make a vm with a working B3DAcceleratorPlugin?
>>

> Yes, on my Ubuntu laptop, I did this:
>
> sudo apt-get install mesa-common-dev
> sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev
> sudo apt-get install libgles2-mesa-dev

OK, I only (manually) did the first. I still have no clue how to work out what packages you need to do what stuff. I’m sure it’s magnificently documented somewhere, like all software (what, me sarcastic?).

Did you get an actual /usr/lib/libGL.so file ? It’s hard to imagine that something apparently crucial doesn’t get installed/created.

According to `apt list --installed ` I have these libgl related items as well -

i   libgl1-mesa-dri                      - free implementation of the OpenGL API -- DRI m
i   libgl1-mesa-glx                      - free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX r
i   libgles1-mesa                        - free implementation of the OpenGL|ES 1.x API -
i   libgles2-mesa                        - free implementation of the OpenGL|ES 2.x API -

I suppose I’ll have to assemble a vanilla Raspbian and check that to see what it includes by default.

> With Ian's cmake based build, you can exclude GL from the build with
> the --without-gl option to the configure script, which makes it easy to
> build a useful VM without the Linux library installation issues. But
> I do not know of a way to do that with the oscog build process.

Same, I think. At least that’s what my ancient notes (old enough to be in Enochian) say. I think. They’ve grown grumpy over the years.

tim
Strange OpCodes: SDR: Shift Disk Right