[Vm-dev] VM building on Pi, OpenGL libraries and other fun things

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Sat Aug 12 14:27:08 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 2:45 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> > On 10-08-2017, at 10:43 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > You and I talked on the phone yesterday evening but for other's benefit
> in fstab # is the comment character.  See https://wiki.debian.org/fstab.
> So in the above you probably want to replace # with, say, a tab.
>
> Yah, but the really weird thing is that the damn afpfs command *does*
> actually get the stuff after the # ! No idea why or how.
> As an example, with /sbin/afpfs defined as
> #!/bin/bash
> set -x
> mount_afp $3 $4 $1 $2
>
> (with the set - x to make it output tracing so I can see what’s happening)
>
> and fstab including
> afpfs#afp://tim:miner5a@Diziet/tim /home/pi/TestDir fuse
> user=pi,group=root 0 0
>
> You get
> pi at Goldskin:~ $ sudo mount -all
> + mount_afp -o rw,group=root,user=pi,exec,suid,dev,dev,suid
> afp://tim:timpwd@Diziet/tim /home/pi/TestDir
> Unknown option exec, skipping
> Unknown option suid, skipping
> Unknown option dev, skipping
> Unknown option dev, skipping
> Unknown option suid, skipping
> Mounting Diziet from tim on /home/pi/TestDir
> Mounting of volume tim of server Diziet succeeded.
>
> I’m not having any cluefulness of how that ends up working. I can see how
> the $1 is "afp://tim:…" etc and $2 is "/home/pi/…" but surely the n$3
> should be ‘fuse’ and $4 ‘user=pi,group=root’ ? And yet it adds a ‘-o rw,’
> swaps the user & group bits, adds ‘suid’ and so on… madness. Just plain
> madness. Madness of a scale not seen since Mad Mick McMad won the All
> Scotland Maddest Mad competition
>
> The new part that seems to add some goodness was making the group=root
> instead of ‘fuse’. I tried that because of a comment about ‘the group
> should be the owner group of the /dev/fuse’ though it also said that ought
> to be ‘fuse’. Of course, the above fstab line makes mounting with `sudo
> mount -all` work but does not work when rebooting. To make booting work we
> have to add the systemd stuff and then - no mounted afpfs connection and
> trying mount -a doesn’t mount it either.
>
> So yeah; computers, eh? I know this really isn’t the best place in the
> world for all this but y’know - a group of people with simialr interests,
> plenty of unixisers, some with Pi. I *have* emailed the original author to
> see if he is still at large and interested. We’ll see.
>
> tim
> Loyalty oaths.Secret searches.No-fly lists.Detention without legal
> recourse.Remind me - who won the cold war?

If you can't solve the problem, change the problem (again!)
nfs bad, afpfs bad,
may as well double down and go for the trifecta,
maybe try smb?

http://osxdaily.com/2011/09/08/share-files-from-mac-to-windows-pc/
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18707?locale=en_US

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/40974/access-network-samba-share-from-pi-client