[Vm-dev] We need help from VM experts. Re: Freeze after Morph Activity

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Feb 6 02:15:31 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 08:34:02PM -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 04:51:06PM -0500, Dan Norton wrote:
> >
> > When the hang-up occurs, a #morphicStep is involved. I've never seen it
> > otherwise.
> >
> > Attached is what may be the minimal test case: an empty step loop. File
> > in the attachment and in a workspace do:
> >
> > Minish start
> >
> >  - Dan
>

> So far I have not been able to reproduce the hangup with the Minish example.
> I've have about 20 of them open for about a half hour or so. Maybe it's just
> really intermittent.

I ran for over an hour with the Minish morphs going, no problem. But I can
get the image to hang in less than a minute by opening a bunch of bouncing
Tokenish morphs.

It would be interesting to try reproducing this in a Squeak image, but I
have not quite figured out how to make the Tokenish example work in Squeak.
Maybe someone with more experience in Morphic can try it.

Levente's suggestion of starting up a REPL loop to retain access to the image
is a good idea too.