[Vm-dev] We need help from VM experts. Re: Freeze after Morph Activity

Dan Norton dnorton at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 6 18:10:26 UTC 2017

On 02/05/2017 06:31 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> At this point, I would simply install a REPL and would try to connect
> to the image after the morphic freeze to see what happened.
> I'm still not convinced about this being a VM bug. It might as well be
> an image side bug, which simply doesn't happen on windows due to VM
> differences.

In looking for REPL (it's in the Cuis base as Transcripter >
readEvalPrint) I found a new way to get a hang-up. In a workspace do:

(Transcripter newInFrame: (0 at 0 extent: 100 at 200))
     nextPutAll: 'Hello there'; endEntry;
     newLine; print: 355.0/113; endEntry;
     readEvalPrint.

...and the clock stops. 'top' reports 100 %CPU for squeak.

  - Dan