[Vm-dev] PulseAudio support not included in recent VM builds

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jan 1 01:37:50 UTC 2017

> On 14-10-2016, at 10:23 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> So... I guess the /usr/include/pulse files must be there and the lib pulse-simple.a or .so must be there.  Maybe someone should update build.linux*/HowToBuild with instructions on how to install pulse development support.

Just for fun I did an apt-get of libpulse… something or other on one of the Pi’s and tried a compile. It was a bit odd in that the pulseaudio stuff was built and even (kinda) works and yet in the config log etc there is no mention at all of it …

So, the build looks like it is probably ok but the code may have some issues. The symptom I recall is that the first few attempts at making noises works and then it gets poor quality and then stops altogether.

tim
Strange OpCodes: CAO: Compare Apples to Oranges