[Vm-dev] Unix heartbeat thread vs itimer

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:44:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was checking the code in sqUnixHeartbeat.c to see how the heartbeat
thread/itimer worked. It somehow bothers me that there are different
compiled artifacts, one per option.

What do you think about having a VM that manages that as an argument
provided when we launch the VM? This would add some flexibility that we
don't have right now because we make the decision at compile time.

The code in sqUnixHeartbeat.c is not a lot nor very complex, it should not
be difficult to do...

Also, what would be the drawbacks besides an increase on the vm size?

Guille