[Vm-dev] OSProcess fork issue with Debian built VM

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Jun 1 09:32:14 UTC 2017

> On 16. May 2017, at 20:57, Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,

Hi!

> We're building the pharo.cog.spur VM on Debian (32 bits, itimer, on 64 with compat libs). Unfortunately, we're running into one particular problem with OSProcess. Some primitives like primitiveFileStat work but forking a child process (e.g. with #waitForCommand) produces a segfault. We've tried to find a difference between our build and the VM downloaded from bintray but we weren't very successful. One difference we do see is that our libc6 version is 2.19, while the one used in the travis build is 2.15 (although both binaries use the 2.19 version at runtime).
>
> I'm aware that OSProcess hasn't been tagged as officially ready for Pharo 6 (which is where I'm using it). However, all of my tests with the prebuilt VM's have been successful.

I wanted to look at the issue and it seems that the compiler warning about out of bound array access[1] in restoreDefaultSignalHandlers remains unfixed? I reported it in February and the plugin code doesn't seem to be regenerated since then. Some of my PRs are still unreviewed so does somebody else want to try her or his luck?

I think this[2] and that[3] are candidates to be merged?

holger

[1] http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2017-February/127495.html
[2] http://www.squeaksource.com/@ZzgxlHh7fhZ1n9Zo/rdfZ1xy3
[3] http://www.squeaksource.com/@ZzgxlHh7fhZ1n9Zo/wVMJyP1K