[Vm-dev] git and branch JMM/SleepTime

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 20:47:33 UTC 2017

I don't understand how to see a branch's changes.

I updated a clone of opensmalltalk-vm and switched to John's JMM/SleepTime
branch:

McStalker.oscogvm.clean$ git pull -a
Already up-to-date.
McStalker.oscogvm.clean$ git checkout -b JMM/SleepTime
Switched to a new branch 'JMM/SleepTime'
McStalker.oscogvm.clean$ git status
On branch JMM/SleepTime
nothing to commit, working tree clean

then I searched for the code, of which there was no sign:

McStalker.oscogvm.clean$ find platforms/iOS -type f -exec grep -H
'receive[A-Za-z]*Note' {} \;
McStalker.oscogvm.clean$ diff platforms/iOS/vm/OSX/SqueakOSXAppDelegate.m
~/oscogvm/platforms/iOS/vm/OSX/SqueakOSXAppDelegate.m

What gives?  I'm on John's branch but I don't see his modifications.
best, Eliot