[Vm-dev] git and branch JMM/SleepTime

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Wed Mar 22 21:58:59 UTC 2017

Hi Eliot:

> On 22 Mar 2017, at 22:36, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What do I type to see John's changes materialised in the relevant files in my repository?  I don’t want to copy/paste his changes :-/

~/tmp/opensmalltalk-vm$ git fetch
remote: Counting objects: 6, done.
remote: Total 6 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (6/6), done.
From https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
   ce673d0a6..b076561ab  Cog        -> origin/Cog

~/tmp/opensmalltalk-vm$ git checkout -b JMM/SleepTime origin/JMM/SleepTime
Checking out files: 100% (57/57), done.
Branch JMM/SleepTime set up to track remote branch JMM/SleepTime from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'JMM/SleepTime'

~/tmp/opensmalltalk-vm$ git --no-pager log -n2
commit f829fb66db403a05fe0360b17a81ea5095504fbd