[Vm-dev] Recent changes.

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed May 3 15:17:52 UTC 2017

Dear all

a small summary of some latest issues.

1. With the pulling of the Pharo sources (see PR #55), there was one unguarded change that messed up ctrl-... keystrokes for Squeak. Since the input event handling in Pharo is now completely different from Squeak's, this change probably makes sense for Pharo.
   Hence, I guarded the change[1] to Pharo only.

2. I put that into the repo. Meanwhile, Eliot has worked on B3D.
   This changes broke the build for windows. Yes, this was also mentioned in a commit comment[2].
   However, since this work looks decidedly in-progress and not-windows-centered (which is totally fine), I would have recommended to put such work in a dedicated branch.
   This could have been done via

   $ git checkout -b eliot-B3D-fixes Cog

   and then committing and pushing to this branch
   (commit would still be `git commit` or `scripts/gitci` for that matter,
    push would be `git push origin eliot-B3D-fixes`)

   That way, all the changes and the (decidedly) broken parts would have been isolated to that branch.

   Since I needed a working windows VM with the fixes for (1.), I have gone forward and

3. I added back the logging stuff for B3D/DirectX[3]. Eliot, I hope this is matches your intentions?

4. Eliot's B3D Debugging code relies on getImageName which is defined in sq.h. Yet it seems to have always been missing on Win32?
   I added it hence[4].

Best regards
	-Tobias

[1]: https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/d1f88876025e437eaeb480658cd72b2112dff7aa