[Vm-dev] Recent changes.

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed May 3 17:08:02 UTC 2017

> On 03.05.2017, at 17:51, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Tobias,
>
>    first, apologies.

No need.

>> On May 3, 2017, at 8:17 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>>

>> Dear all
>>
>> a small summary of some latest issues.
>>
>> 1. With the pulling of the Pharo sources (see PR #55), there was one unguarded change that messed up ctrl-... keystrokes for Squeak. Since the input event handling in Pharo is now completely different from Squeak's, this change probably makes sense for Pharo.
>>  Hence, I guarded the change[1] to Pharo only.
>>
>> 2. I put that into the repo. Meanwhile, Eliot has worked on B3D.
>>  This changes broke the build for windows. Yes, this was also mentioned in a commit comment[2].
>>  However, since this work looks decidedly in-progress and not-windows-centered (which is totally fine), I would have recommended to put such work in a dedicated branch.
>>  This could have been done via
>>
>>  $ git checkout -b eliot-B3D-fixes Cog
>>
>>  and then committing and pushing to this branch
>>  (commit would still be `git commit` or `scripts/gitci` for that matter,
>>   push would be `git push origin eliot-B3D-fixes`)
>>
>>  That way, all the changes and the (decidedly) broken parts would have been isolated to that branch.
>
> I promise not to do this again.  I have to practice the branching to make it a habit.

Yeah, I can understand. I also still need to practice for that habit. I

>  Some times I fool myself into thinking that I can get away with a fee commits because I'm in the timezone I'm in.  Must stop doing this ;-)

;) Well, Just see If I'm on Skype or so and ask away, sometimes it could just work.

>>  Since I needed a working windows VM with the fixes for (1.), I have gone forward and
>>
>> 3. I added back the logging stuff for B3D/DirectX[3]. Eliot, I hope this is matches your intentions?
>
> The intent is to have one copy of the logging code in
>
>    platforms/Cross/plugins/B3DPluginAccelerator/sqOpenGLRenderer.c/.h, not several copies in every platform.  Let's please make the win32 platform work like this too.

It wont do. Because we have a separate Direct3D renderer that does not include the .h or link to the .c file.
By default, the win32 build operates in dual-mode where the OpenGL/Direct3D-selection is made at runtime, but can also operate completely without OpenGL.  In this case, none of that stuff would be thereā€¦
(That's why the verbosity-flag had not gl attached before, I presume)
It's now done in a way that tries to use the sqOpenGLRenderer debugging stuff if present, else provides its own.
Does that make sense?

Best regards
	-Tobias