[Vm-dev] the purpose of CI

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Wed May 31 07:01:55 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 31 May 2017 12:18 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> 1) We need a stable branch, let’s say is Cog
> 2) We also need a development branch, let’s call it CogDev

IMHO, three branches are required as a minimum - stable, integration and
development because there are multiple primary developers in core Pharo
working on different OS platforms.

Changes will move from primary developer (dev) for individual components
on their own reference OS (or OSes) to full build (integration of all
components on all supported OS plus regression tests) and then onto
stable. The integration branch has to ensure that there are no major
regressions before merging a change to stable.

Regards .. Subbu