[Vm-dev] the purpose of CI

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Wed May 31 08:54:14 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 31 May 2017 12:35 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>> On 31 May 2017, at 09:01, K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday 31 May 2017 12:18 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>> 1) We need a stable branch, let’s say is Cog 2) We also need a
>>> development branch, let’s call it CogDev
>> IMHO, three branches are required as a minimum - stable,
>> integration and development because there are multiple primary
>> developers in core Pharo working on different OS platforms.
> but nobody will do the integration step so let’s keep it simple:
> integration is made responsibly for anyone who contributes, as it is
> done now.

I proposed only three *branches*, not people. Splitting development into
two branches and builds will help in isolating faster (separation of
concerns). If all issues get cleared in dev branch itself, then
integration branch will still be useful in catching regressions.

I will defer to your experience. I do understand the difference between
logical and practical in these matters.

Regards .. Subbu