[Vm-dev] Proof of Concept of a pharo cog spur VM to OpenBSD

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 13:32:38 UTC 2017

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> * Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> [171102 23:50]:
> > Your work sounds almost ready for inclusion. We could easily cherrypick
> the
> > patches to base files, just emit PR with those.
>
> I will submit these today.
>
> > I see that you have committed some thirdparty sources in
> > https://github.com/ckeen/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/227f059f587
> a35970ebc3072fd8dca45c4887de5
> > My understanding is that they are either fetched during the build
> process,
> > or the libraries are replaced by those distributed with OS as you further
> > decided.
> > I would thus remove them.
> >

> Agreed, this has been an oversight on my side.
>
> > Concerning the right place for putting os specific options, I don't know.
>
> The commits that modify the plugins will break other platforms, which in
> this case means Linux.
> I'd rather refactor the Makefiles in a way that they will include
> those linker flags from the LDFLAGS given in the respective mvm
> file.  So one can add or omit them as needed.
>

> > For automating the build, you would have to hack
> > https://github.com/ckeen/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/OpenBSD_PoC/.travis.yml
> and
>
> I don't know anything about travis, does it even run an OpenBSD
> platform?  Or are you hinting at something else?  I can run the
> SUnit tests myself for now if that's ok. I might need more guidance
> in this though.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Christian

https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci

Hmm my mistake, maybe I saw it on gitlab...
I would have thought this was integrated
https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/1421

but it seems that there is only support for linux and osx
https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/multi-os/

So you would have to execute the shell scripts by yourself...