[Vm-dev] Recreating live coding in CPython 3.5

Dimitris Chloupis kilon.alios at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 20:13:47 UTC 2017

I found actually a way to have become without become :D

what if instead of actually changing the references of one object to the
other we changed the object themselves and instead of exchanging references
we exchange instance variables and instance methods ?

This way objects that pointed to object a will still point to object a
instead of object b but a will now have really become object b , and object
b will have become object a.

is there anything more to an instance besides its instance variables and
methods ? I am including of course inherited instance variables and
methods.

I tried this in Python and it worked but I am not sure if become is doing
anything more than that.