[Vm-dev] Hydra VM (was: Multi-core system Squeak (was Re: Sista alternate bytecodes + Java Bytecode ?))

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Oct 21 21:52:57 UTC 2017

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 01:37:57PM -0700, John McIntosh wrote:

> Somehow I'm reminded of Igor Stasenko work on the Hydra VM.
> http://squeakvm.org/~sig/hydravm/devnotes.html
> I did do a port for Mac OS back in 2008.

I believe that Igor (CCed) is still on this list, although I don't know if he
keeps up with it. He does pop up on the Pharo lists from time :-)

I would be interested to know if there were some general conclusions from the
Hydra VM work. Did this prove to be a productive direction that should be
pursued further?

A lot has changed in the world of computing since Igor created Hydra VM. I wonder
if it was a project just a few years ahead of its time.