[Vm-dev] [ANN] Lowtalk, a new Smalltalk dialect that could eventually replace Slang

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Mon Sep 18 01:48:26 UTC 2017

<edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are  studying WebAssembly and have in the hands a Cuis fork with all necessary for have Smalltalk both sides of Web 2.0.
> This .image for server side and Amber and Morphic.js on the client side.
> So I glad to share experiments and feedback of my students and me on Smalltalk, WebAssembly and ways on made Web 2.0 nice and fast.

That is interesting hear of some progress. My
understanding/expectation of WebAssembly is for the OpenSmalltalk VM
(at least the StackInterpreter) to run standard Cuis/Pharo/Squeak
images in client web browsers (minus a few plugins).  What are your
plans to experiment in that direction?  Or do you prioritise a
different approach?

cheers -ben