[Vm-dev] Regroup pharo ARMv6 builds (was: 324996: Add a main build stage for Squeak and Pharo)

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:16:28 UTC 2018

nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>:

>> > On 02-04-2018, at 11:55 AM, Nicolas Cellier <
>> nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes sure, I should do that.
>> > I had a doubt also about the HEARTBEAT="itimer" variant of Pharo.
>> > Is this brand officially supported and elligible to "Main" stage?
>>
>> Since this relates to a question I asked some time ago I'll chime in here
>> with a "please use the threaded timer". At least for the Pi related builds.
>>
>> Part of my problem is that the current builds off bintray are itimer
>> based but appear to be labelled as threaded.
>>

> Hi Tim,
> which flavour of VM?
> we build 3 squeak, 2 newspeak and 1 pharo...

Normally, the itimer heartbeat is triggered by -DITIMER_HEARTBEAT=1
compiler option
See for example
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/build.linux32x86/pharo.cog.spur/build.itimerheartbeat/mvm
near line 47

I see no such option in ARM build, except maybe the HowToBuild instructions
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/search?p=5&q=-DITIMER_HEARTBEAT&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93