[Vm-dev] Regroup pharo ARMv6 builds (was: 324996: Add a main build stage for Squeak and Pharo)

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 05:59:59 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

On 3 April 2018 at 05:12, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> I normally build just the plain old squeak/cog/spur and occasionally debug stuff. Given the absence of the -DUSE_ITIMER_HEARTBEAT=1 incantation Eliot mentioned, build.linux32ARMv6/squeak.cog.spur/mvm *should* be making the pthread timer version. The version on bintray is labelled squeak.cog.spur_linux32ARMv6_itimer_201803052012.tar.gz (for example) and I have to admit I'm not at all sure how one checks a vm to see which option it actually uses. It may simply be mislabelling of the built system?

The version information tells you which heartbeat it uses:

$ ./pharo --version
5.0-201710221351  Sun Oct 22 15:20:13 UTC 2017 gcc 4.9.2 [Production Spur VM]

The above is threaded heartbeat (pharo.cog.spur).  The itimer version
will have something like "[Production ITMR Spur VM]" (from memory, I
don't have one handy, but it is fairly obvious).

Cheers,
Alistair