[Vm-dev] Raise minimum supported Windows API from XP to Vista (was: Identify console executable and standard one)

Vincent.Blondeau at lamresearch.com Vincent.Blondeau at lamresearch.com
Mon Apr 23 17:37:45 UTC 2018

Hi Alistair,

I made some code that have the same goal, but I am also stuck to identify the Cygwin and minty terminals, I tried the approach with the name of the pipes, but the pipes have always the same name. You can take a look at my code there:
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/compare/Cog...VincentBlondeau:addStdoutIsConsolePrimitive
Have you been thinking to another solution?

Which function do you need that is not existing under XP?

Thanks,

Cheers,
Vincent