[Vm-dev] [squeak-dev] How to yellow click with two buttons without changing mouse settings?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Apr 24 16:47:22 UTC 2018

Last time I checked (which was a while ago, so maybe nicer now) there were varying checks/flags in the various platform vms, and further checks/preferences in the image. And then there are/were preferences like 'personalizedWorldMenu', the entire 'keyboard' preferences group, 'generalizedYellowButtonMenu' and very probably others that affect, change, filter and generally spindle, fold and mutilate events.

Purely in-image changes have the virtue of being fixable in-image and of course you can set behaviour of an application you are writing (Scratch for instance). Purely vm handled preferences have the (potential) virtue of being globally settable for a users via whatever platform mechanism is used, most of which have always impressed me as a result of seriously deranged minds working hard to make life awkward.

When we mix the two and add 20+ years of development history without an actual plan then we get some decidedly odd results.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Visne saltare? Viam Latam Fungosam scio = Do you want to dance? I know the Funky Broadway.