[Vm-dev] Visual Studio 2017 Linux development with C++

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Tue Aug 14 14:38:16 UTC 2018

I was looking around how to use plain Makefiles with VIsual Studio
and bumped into a demo of driving compilation and debugging on Linux from
Windows Visual Studio.  So intriguing I had to share...
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2016/03/30/visual-c-for-linux-development/

I see the possibility of Windows Visual Studio  debugging the VM while it
runs
inside Windows Subsystem For Linux** displaying its graphical windows in a
Windows xclient.
Great when only a single machine will do, like multi-platform coding while
drinking daiquiris on a Caribbean beach.

cheers -ben

** e.g. Unbuntu, Centos7 (could not get Centos6 working)