[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] We need a solution for cross-platform bit-identical floating point. (#315)

Steffen Märcker merkste at web.de
Wed Dec 5 08:25:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

crlibm looks indeed quite promising. If crlibm would be integrated, is it
be possible to make setting rounding modes directly accessible without an
FFI-call from the image? Also, I noticed that changing the rounding mode
did not work reliable - possibly due to some plug/part of the vm that
changes the mode on it's own behalf (freetype, maybe?).

Best, Steffen