[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] FileAttributesPlugin 2.0.6 (#321)

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 06:55:44 UTC 2018

Hi Eliot,

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 18:35, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh wow, I had no realization it was that bug.  I had assumed it was the size of a path, i.e. only a few hindered bytes at max.  If it is that big I think the way you're doing things is fine.  I would just ask you to comment the code as being that way because it is that big.

There are two structures being allocated.  The one you provided the
code for is small - an integer plus a pointer.  The other one, which
has enough room for any path is the big one.  It holds the path in
UTF8 (as passed from the image) and in the platform's native format,
which for Windows is 32K 16 bit words.

Cheers,
Alistair