[Vm-dev] sqSCCSVersion.h not uptodate?

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 19:34:03 UTC 2018

Hi all,
thanks, I think I've understood what happened:

For some reasons, i've got a branch named HEAD!!!
scripts/updateSCCSVersion was applying hooks from this branch and thus was
removing all the changes that happened in 2018,
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commits/Cog/platforms/Cross/vm/sqSCCSVersion.h
letting my working copy dirty...

I've eradicated the problem:
git branch -d HEAD

Now git status does not report any dirty (not staged) file when I run
scripts/updateSCCSVersion

How the hell did I create this HEAD branch is another mistery, some
miss-typing?
Are super powers of git for the best or for the worst?
It depends in which hands ;)
Most of what I do is thru SourceTree GUI, so I rarely mess directly with
git command (I have to relearn them every time I need'em).