[Vm-dev] Notifications about successful builds

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 23:05:26 UTC 2018

Hi Fabio,

> On Dec 28, 2018, at 7:02 AM, Fabio Niephaus <lists at fniephaus.com> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> We all break things every now and then, and then I think it's
> important to get notified.
> Development on the vm has gained a fair amount of momentum which is
> fantastic. However, working with feature branches and PRs has also led
> to a substantial amount of "build completed" emails from Travis and
> AppVeyor.
>
> I'm suggesting to turn off "build completed" notifications to decrease
> the number of automated emails from CI. Any objections?

Not do much an objection as a desire for one  "build completed" message reporting a successful build after any failing build.  I’m not interested in repeated success reports but I would like to know that the build has been repaired.

Knowing the build is broken is important enough to receive a message in my in box.  But then what do I do?  Do I visit the site every hour to check?  That’s not satisfactory.

Now, given it’s not too hard to search and delete, I would lean more towards reporting successful builds in email than towards not getting any success notifications at all.