[Vm-dev] [squeak-dev] minor errors in tests during socket timeouts

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Sun Dec 30 23:20:31 UTC 2018

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 at 12:07 am, Ben Coman <btc at openinworld.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 at 02:22, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Ben. I don't know what image version the CI uses,
>

> The log provides the following info...
>   Squeak5.1
>   latest update: #16551
>   Current Change Set: Unnamed1
>   Image format 6521 (32 bit)
>

>> but Nebraska-ul.54 in the Trunk should fix the issue with
>> StringSocketTestCase.
>>

> Good to know, thanks Levente. Would Squeak 5.2 cover Nebraska-ul.54 ?
> It seems SQUEAK_VERSION could be updated here...
>
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/tests/smalltalkCI.sh
>
> However SmalltalkCI README indicates it doesn't support 32-bit of latest
> images for Squeak or Pharo...
>    https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI#list-of-supported-images
> but is that info current? These files seem to indicate support...
>    https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/blob/master/squeak/run.sh
>    https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/blob/master/pharo/run.sh

Squeak[64]-trunk means Squeak-trunk (32bit) and Squeak64-trunk are
supported. Eventually, we want to introduce Squeak32-trunk as well and
change the default to 64bit.
The same rule applies for Pharo.
Maybe open an issue against smalltalkCI, so we don't forget to get rid of
this confusion?

<https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/blob/master/pharo/run.sh>

> @vm-dev...
> I find the specification of the test image too implicit here...
>
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/tests/smalltalkCI.sh
> For example, its hard to tell at a glance whether lowcode testing is
> enabled/disabled.
> Could the test image be explicitly defined in travis.yml ? (I'll submit a
> concept PR for review)

Please do, happy to review a PR. The current version is still the very
first version, I'm sure it can use some improvements :)

Fabio