[Vm-dev] Delaying the Release -> March 1st

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Thu Feb 1 18:00:24 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Many of you have worked hard in the previous weeks and months to improve
the OpenSmalltalkVM, but I'm afraid we have to delay the planned release by
a month. The new release date is Thursday, March 1st. This hopefully gives
us enough time to address some unexpected problems: the Pharo VMs require
third party libraries that currently fail to build on macOS. Tobias has
submitted important changes for SqueakSSL and the OpenGL backend on macOS,
both need to be tested. And we are still waiting for some signing
certificates.

As soon as we are able to build all supported VMs, I'm going to prepare
another pre-release for testing purposes.

Best,
Fabio