[Vm-dev] Raspberry Pi build issues with old friend 'gl.h'

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Feb 23 00:54:01 UTC 2018

> On 22-02-2018, at 8:38 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Tim,
>
>    there's a pattern for selectively not building a plugin that I implemented for the processor simulator plugins do that they are only built if one has build the support libraries.  I wonder if (no, I expect that) the pattern can be extended to the B3DAcceleratorPlugin.

It looks to me (and that is very tentative, given the complete lack of understanding of this very strange syntax) that b3dacceleratorplugin is testing a value that ought to provide the appropriate signal

----------
rm -f B3DAcceleratorPlugin.sub B3DAcceleratorPlugin.lib
if test "${have_gl}" != "yes"; then

  echo "$as_me:$LINENO: result: ******** disabling ${plugin}" >&5
echo "${ECHO_T}******** disabling ${plugin}" >&6
  disabled_plugins="${disabled_plugins} ${plugin}"
fi

Looking at all the usages of have_gl in platforms/unix/config/configure suggests to me that it isn't getting set to "no" in the area of configure that seems to look at whether the gl.h stuff is present. Clearly if something has gone wrong in that setting then the plugin is going to try to build inappropriately.

OK, a hack stuck in there to echo the not-cancelling branch of the section at configure line 28192 shows that it deliberately doesn't cancel the plugin. Beyond that it just gets too confusing...

I still have that question for whomever set up the Pi that does the autobuilds - what packages are you loading into Raspbian?

tim
Useful random insult:- Moves his lips to pretend he's reading.