[Vm-dev] Old Things

Stuart Cassoff aa72 at bell.net
Sat Jan 20 01:21:56 UTC 2018

Hi,

As I mentioned before I'm learning, and learning something old involves some wading through history.
I continue to encounter old things, old advice, dead links, etc.
This isn't a complaint - just a fact of dealing with old things.
I'm getting there, but it takes a little time (I've at least watched all the important Alan Kay vids!).

I believe these statements are correct, please let me know otherwise:

- People were enthusiastic about Exupery ten years ago but it's dead now.

- muO is current and worth having in a collection of images.

- The recent ver 5 release of EToys from the EToys site is the one to use and not the 2016 6.0alpha on files.squeak.org.

- (from memory) Spoon became Cog which is now in Squeak.

That's enough for now, thanks!

Stu