[Vm-dev] Help: weird bug in inspecting characters

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:55:48 UTC 2018

On Monday 02 July 2018 11:56 PM, Tobias Pape wrote:
> That being said, I just saw that the fileList forces MacRoman encoding
> (deprecated since MacOS X 10.0 in 2001....) which _has_ a proper meaning
> for 128, namely Ä. However, the respective method probably needs an
> overhaul:
Should FileList default to binary stream and let the service handler set
the converter and ascii/binary flag?

In my case, it is ChangeList class that is setting the converter:
----
browseStream: changesFile
	"Opens a changeList on a fileStream"
	| changeList charCount |
	changesFile readOnly.
	changesFile setConverterForCode.
----
The smartRefStream starts at 22705 bytes into x.cs (see pic) but I don't
see the scanner switching the converter back to binary stream.

Regards .. Subbu