[Vm-dev] PICs (was: RISC-V J Extension)

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 00:00:11 UTC 2018

Just had to interject... are you sure about the year and RAM sizes below?
If correct, was this a lowest common denominator RAM size or perhaps a
report from several years earlier?

I remember in 1997 (might have been early '98) buying a Sun Ultrasparc 2
with 256MB RAM for work (for a workstation, not our servers which had far
more) and having 192MB RAM in one of my machines at home.  Seems strange
that 'most' of Sun's customers would be at 8 meg in that timeframe as 16-32
was fairly common even on PCs on the low end of what I was working with.