[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Design contribution (#269)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jun 19 03:15:30 UTC 2018

> On 18-06-2018, at 4:15 PM, Ben Coman <notifications at github.com> wrote:
>

> Tim, I guess you referring to the Squeak logo (
> http://www.rowledge.org/tim/squeak/files/page17_1.jpg) which is well
> established.

Indeed! It's everywhere.

> But I don't think we've long had the OpenSmalltalk "Cog" logo (
> http://opensmalltalk.org/static/img/cog.png/).
> While its workable, its but a bit "complicated" for a logo.

This is very true; the small gear teeth details are problematic when small. A new view on that would be nice.

Where I think a fresh set of skilled eyes would *really* help is the in-image look. Font choices and menu icons etc. Color sets.

tim
When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do