[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-akg.2340.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Mar 3 16:43:01 UTC 2018

On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 04:50:40PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2018, Holger Freyther wrote:
>

> >>On 3. Mar 2018, at 15:08, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
> >>

> >Hey!

> >>Can you point me to the discussion?
> >
> >Sure. It is my thread from 2016.
> >http://forum.world.st/Adding-new-primitives-to-FilePlugin-td4916711.html
>
> Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any opposition in that thread.
>
> Levente

For my part, I was recommending a way to proceed, that's all.

Regarding the "#if PharoVM", I don't see a need for this. After all, people
who do not want to use a primitive are free to not use it.

I do think that a working implementation should be provided for Windows.
A Windows HANDLE is roughly equivalent to a Unix file descriptor, and the
*file element of SQFile is a HANDLE, so I expect that the implementation
should be trivial.