[Vm-dev] Blocking inappropriate posts to vm-dev (was: VM build questions from last board meeting)

Jan Barger barniisk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:47:12 UTC 2018

> Specifically what is unprofessional and immature about my work?  The
> thread you originally responded to was one where I pointed out that the
> Pharo VM was out-of-date.  I referred to a bug that was mine (have you ever
> released software containing bugs?), and that I had fixed, as promptly as I
> could once I had an error report.  How is that being unprofessional?

For me is unprofessional any  advanced future improvements that leads to
less stable and less robust vm. I dont need "significaly faster" vm ( speed
of old squeak is acceptable ), i need less comlicated and more robust
solution for future.

>> Maybe Cincom is not financing him to do this nasty job to pharo and vm,
>> but it seems so.
>>

> How do you conclude this from my actions?  And what specifically about
> what I've done for the Pharo VM is a "nasty job"?  Do you know that I am
> not responsible for the Pharo VM?  That I don't build it, and that I help
> maintain it pro bono.  Do you know that Spur is now faster than VisualWorks
> and once Scorch/Sista is stable and in production that the VM will be
> significantly faster than VisualWorks?  How is that in Cincom's benefit?

Why you are not still at CINCOM when you are so cool and smart? They should
pay and want such a genius more than this open source community, or no?