[Vm-dev] Sign Windows VMs

Vincent.Blondeau at lamresearch.com Vincent.Blondeau at lamresearch.com
Mon May 14 23:14:49 UTC 2018

Hi!

I am using Pharo in a company network under a firewall, an antivirus, and windows, and each day I have an issue with some parts of the Pharo application that are recognized as a threat.  So, I cannot download it or execute it straightforwardly.

Today was this one:

[https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/365850577340727296/445688856948506624/unknown.png]
Another day was the Cairo Dll where a "Veil Evasion Payload" has been detected.

And some people has encounter the same kind of issues:

  *   https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/issues/152
  *   https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/20500/WindowsDefender-consider-SqueakSSL-dll-as-a-virus-and-delete-it

It seems that the solution is to sign the VM with Authenticode, but for this, one needs to acquire a certificate (which is, of course, not free).
Has the community such a certificate? Maybe the same that for MacOS?
Would someone configure the VM builds to automatically sign them? (I can spend some time for this if needed)

TIA,

Cheers,
Vincent