[Vm-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-users] Set Rounding mode for IEEE floating point operations

Steffen Märcker merkste at web.de
Wed May 23 15:39:46 UTC 2018

Dear VM experts,

I originally asked the question below on pharo-users. Basically I am
looking for a way to set the IEEE founding mode for fp-operations at
runtime from the image.

Best, Steffen

Original mail to pharo-users:

Hi,

is there any way to set the rounding mode for IEEE floating point
operations? Maybe something like

> Double roundToMinusInfWhile: [... code goes here ...]
> Double roundToZeroWhile: [... more code here ...]

If not, is it possible to add this behavior, e.g., via a custom primitive?

Best, Steffen