[Vm-dev] The insanity of using make for development builds

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Thu Nov 29 18:44:24 UTC 2018

Running make is a batch process.  Takes me back to the 80s.

Modern IDE's like Xcode and Jetbrains just constantly attempt builds in the background to keep everything up to date.

If you are going to go that far, I'd make a generic IDE.  Interface with clangd for syntax highlighting/autocomplete.

Or adopt an IDE that does this for you.  I suspect Jetbrains already has one that might be useful.