[Vm-dev] C source license etc.

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 12:25:15 UTC 2018

Hi Alistair,
On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 12:05 AM Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> When adding new C source files to the VM (platform support files for
> the FileAttributesPlugin in this case), is there a set of standard
> comments that should be added to the top of the file, e.g. license
> conditions, etc.?

Ian Piumarta would add stuff that is at the front of e.g.
platforms/unix/vm/aio.c, but Andreas Raab wouldn't. We have a LICENSE file,
so there's no need for verbiage in each source file.  I would happily see
the verbiage gone from the unix files; LICENSE cuts down on duplication and
incidental.   source.squeak.org, home of the VMMaker packages, explicitly
says code therein is under the MIT license. If there is a place other than
the LICENSE file where the repository can hold licencing info I'd like to
see it there also.

Thanks,
> Alistair

best, Eliot