[Vm-dev] #numTemps/tempCountOf: is not working correctly

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Sat Oct 20 22:44:31 UTC 2018

Hi,
 I came into a weird behavior that I think is an error.
 In pharo/squeak/cuis if you evaluate this:

(String>>#romanNumber) numTemps

 It returns 1, but that method has 3 temps. The same happens with other
methods like "(SmallInteger>>#printOn:base:length:padded:) numTemps", that
return 9 but the method has 8 temps.

 With an interpreter simulator I ran an image, look for
String>>#romanNumber and send the #tempCountOf: to the simulator with the
romanNumber method as parameter and I got 1, as in the image, instead of 3.
So at least #tempCountOf: behavior is consistent with the #numTemps of the
image.

 My question is: is that the right behavior? or is it an error?
 It looks like an error to me but I may not know something about how
#numTemps work.

 Thanks
 Hernan.

--

*HernĂ¡n WilkinsonAgile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching*
*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057