[Vm-dev] reorganizing opensmalltalk-vm

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Oct 29 02:26:59 UTC 2018

> On 2018-10-28, at 5:15 PM, Ben Coman <btc at openinworld.com> wrote:
>
> Here are some historical discussion of merge problems experienced in the move to support git...

OK, I haven't really paid much attention to this in some time so my opinion, despite having originally written VMMaker, isn't all that important. I do wonder why anyone feels particular need to support git for the Smalltalk source for VMMaker. Sure, for the generated C code, as a way to make it easy for mundane tools to download and build etc, git is as tolerable as anything.  But the Smalltalk code is our stuff, in our format, and we already have tools for that. Is it some wish to have everything in a single place, perhaps? I guess I could understand that urge.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BYEBYE: Store in Write-Only Storage