[Vm-dev] [Pharo-users] ARM vm limitations ?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 20:48:00 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 8:26 AM Albrecht Baur via Pharo-users <
pharo-users at lists.pharo.org> wrote:

> Hi, I'd like to play around with pharo on ARM devices (like a
> HummingBoard, the ones from ODROID or one of the beagleboards). But I am
> not sure if I have to take care of the ARM architecture version (ARMv6 /
> ARMv7 / ARMv8) when choosing my toy.
>
> I found this vm:
> http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/linux/armv6/
> Is it only for armv6 like the folder name says or is ARMv7 and ARMv8
> working too?
>
> Are there any limitations I should know before choosing a ARM device?
>
> Is there a vm for 64bit (aarch64)?

Hi Albrecht,

I am also interested in this answer. In general, I am interested in IoT
support for Smalltalk.

The only thing I found aside from ARMv6 is this:
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/tree/Cog/build.linux32ARMv7
But I don't know what's the status of it.

You may have more chances to get an answer with the vm list:
  <vm-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Or maybe Pharo dev list.

Cheers,

--