[Vm-dev] Pharo on ARM

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Apr 10 19:40:46 UTC 2019

> On 2019-04-10, at 8:12 AM, ken.dickey at whidbey.com wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> The 32 bit ARM VMs work for v6 & v7.

Should work for pretty much any ARM device of the last 10-12 years. Really old ones (pre-v5) might have problems.

> The 64 bit VM is for v8/AArch64 on Linux. This is only the interpreter VM (no COG JIT), so is pretty slow currently.

Trying to work on this but progress is not exactly rapid. First part is to write the cpu simulator plugin and that means working up the bravery to look into the maelstrom of GDB code. Too many other 'urgent' things get in the way.

tim
I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.