[Vm-dev] Taking ARMv8 development closed source

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 21:09:30 UTC 2019

Hi All,

ARMv8 JIT code closed source.  I've given permission to Squeak, Cuis,
Newspeak and 3D-ICC to use the code in their VMs.  I have expressly
forbidden the code being used in any way in a Pharo VM or any derivative.

Currently the code lives at

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ClosedVMMaker'
    user: ''
    password: ''

and a username and password of squeak should also work.  If you want to be
added as a developer email me or mail here.  So far Tim and Clément have
joined.  You first have to register on squeak source.com and then it is
easy for e to add you as a developer.

Various tasks have to be completed to make this move seamless, such as
updating the VMMaker image build scripts.  I'll be attending to these asap.
best, Eliot