[Vm-dev] Primtive 91/primCursorLocPut:

Tom Beckmann tomjonabc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 19:56:13 UTC 2019

Dear Elliot, dear all,

do you have some insights or docs pages on how the HostWindowPlugin fits
into the big picture at the moment? Trying DisplayHostWindow>>#examplePaint
in Squeak trunk primtiveError's for me at the moment and I don't know what
it should do exactly either. I always assumed it was meant to spawn
additional windows, but never actually saw that in action.

Only knowing the unix platform opensmalltalk code a little, my gut feeling
would have led me to place primCursorLocPut: implementations in there, in
one of the display plugins. To my understanding this would mean that we
would have to occupy a new numbered VM primitive, as it used to be. Is that
correct? Is this the desirable way? Or is the purpose of the
HostWindowPlugin to supersede the platform's own window code?

Thank you for the insights!
Tom