[Vm-dev] FFI Testing - Curiouser and curiouser!

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Feb 18 00:35:46 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-17 05:44, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> When it fails, what are the 8 bytes you get in gdb? What are the 8
> bytes you get in Cuis (in the Cuis debugger, at the moment of the
> failure).

Hi Juan, happen to be on old amd x86_64 Linux box right now.

If I set a gdb breakpoint at ffiTestDoubles9 and step through it, I end
up in
  src/plugins/SqueakFFIPrims/IA32FFIPlugin.c

		result2 = floatObjectOf(floatRet1);

At this point
   floatRet1 = 0x4046800000000000
after step
   result2 = 0x846800000000004

which looks right to me.

Continuing, the result is Smalltalk is SmallInteger 0.0 !

Result seems to get lost somewhere.

I have my RasPi unplugged at the moment..  Have to get back w result
there.

HTH,
-KenD