[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] [IGNORE] Dummy commit to allow test CI build from known base (#334)

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Wed Jan 2 10:22:51 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 at 18:04, Nicolas Cellier <notifications at github.com>
wrote:

> Maybe you should remove -j4 like Ben did.

Actually I'm curious why we've go the -j4? Maybe it was just to speed local
builds?
There didn't seem to much degradation in build time on Travis when I remove
it.
IIUC, our Travis build runs on a virtual machine with 2 CPUS shared over
five separate Travis jobs running in parallel,
so not much is gained by further "make"-level parallelization within each
job.

So after further observation of build times, maybe -j4 should be removed
permanently.
Clearly understandable log files seems more important.

cheers -ben